Thursday, February 14, 2008

Portrait sketch...almost

I was working with a high school student on a self-portrait project and did this little drawing of her in her sketchbook, demonstrating certain landmarks of human physiology and how they can sit in perspective. It almost looked like her, which was a plus. I don't usually do demos that require this kind of accuracy, as failing miserably at them can really muddy whatever point was to be made.


I made a photocopy of it and brought it home where I produced the following small oil painting from it.

It still almost looks like her.

7 comments:

Breadwig said...

That painting and sketch rock. Whenever I try and do a portrait it's always insulting to both the subject and the artist. This portrait's the exact opposite.

Ivan said...

See here

Malabei said...

Sorry. Look please here

Kagrel said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Duran said...

See HERE

Doum said...

Attention please!
->> Remove Viruses! <<-

Adam said...

I feel so special. I have blog spammers.

Does anyone know if I need antibiotics for that?